Voltage regulator, now fuel system boosters

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Sat Jan 2 16:55:35 GMT 1999

In a message dated 1/2/99 11:38:18 AM Eastern Standard Time, bearbvd at sni.net
writes:

> >How about using a big pump and cutting the voltage when all that
>  >capacity is not required? Will the pump last longer, etc.???

Some Buick & Syphoon turbo blokes use a *staged* pump
arrangement that allows you to pre-set the boost level at which
a second in-tank pump is switched on.  The kit includes a 30amp
relay and wire harness, etc   I believe one such kitt is available from ATR
Some users of this setup report a 2-5 psi jump in pressure when the
extra fuel volume, from a second Walbro 308 pump, hits the FP regulator .
 I only wish to own/operate such a thirsty beast in my lifetime.  8~)
    Mike V