fuel pumps

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 3 00:29:27 GMT 1999

All my info on burning out fuel pumps came from listening to the guys that
race GN's...  Guess I should have listened to my electronics theory instead!
There is something to be said for running a larger guage wire from the
battery to a relay and the relay to the pump, switching the relay from the
old pump supply wire... The GN list did a test a while back... Voltage at
the pump while running (13.6V at the battery) was only 11 volts or so with
the factory wiring... adding the "hot wire" as they called it bumped
voltage to 13.2 or so and the volume of the pump increased considerably.
The GN web page has some charts one of the guys made relating voltage to
fuel volume on several different pumps.
http://www.gnttype.org/gnttype/www
and look in Tech Info
Later,
Dave

           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
       I am Pentium of Borg...division is futile...you will be approximated.