Water Injection Thread

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 4 02:38:58 GMT 1999

At 05:44 PM 1/3/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Thank you Dave,
>
>this is pretty impressive on a V engine with single turbo. Did they come
>with T03 turbos? What turbine and compressor trims? Also, I would like
>to know if they had a symmetric exhaust manifold? Else I would not put
>big money on the car's lifetime?

I think the factory was a variant of the T03, but can't remember for sure.
I believe the exhaust housing was a .60 or .62 A/R.
The exhaust manifolds were "kind of" tubular headers...
Fairly equal length runners.  In stock trim and modified with chips, boost
cranked up, cooler thermostat etc, they will run 150,000 miles with no
problems (If they are well maintained)... According to the man that
designed the GN engine (Bernard Santavy) the engine was built to handle
600HP reliably.
Later,
Dave

           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
       I am Pentium of Borg...division is futile...you will be approximated.