GM V6

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Mon Jan 4 18:07:45 GMT 1999

In a message dated 1/4/99 12:47:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gderian at cybergate.net writes:

> The Syclone/Typhoon uses the Chevy 4.3 liter V-6, not the Buick 3.8 V-6.
>  The Buick is 3/4 of old 215 V-8 (stretched with a taller deck, longer
>  stroke, bigger bore) as you said.  The 4.3 Chevy V-6 is 3/4 of a 350 Chevy
>  V-8.

Gary is correct.. 4 of my friends have Turbo Buicks, and other than
the cigarete lighter, and some metric bolts, not much interchanges
with my Syclone.  Worth mentioning, is that the Buick has
stronger pistons, similar flowing ex-ports, 30-35% better intake ports,
Smoother idle and beter off-idle response (maybe due to SFI?)..
About the only thing they don't do better than the Syclone pickup is haul
manure..
HTH
Mike V