I'm back

rauscher at icst.com rauscher at icst.com
Mon Jan 4 18:36:56 GMT 1999

Wow, I go away for a few weeks, and look at this:

    Water injection
    PWM fuel pumps

    and

    My favorite: blowing up Buick engines (wish I was there).

Not only that, but I've not even caught up yet.

To the AZTY question guy, Sorry 'about not answering, but
I hope that Bruce summed it up well enough.

Now, on to what I've been doing. What, with the holidays
and all, had a little free time.

Have a working Bi-Phase stepper motor controller circuit
up and running. I'll be writing this up and putting it
into the 'incoming' area. (Oh, this is for control of GM
IAC's) Uses four chips, TTL/CMOS, real simple. Run/single
step, forward/reverse, and variable speed.

Also have a better write-up on how to modify GM TBI fuel
pressure regulators. I've modified one, so I figured I'd
do a write-up on it. Most likely will help out someone in
the future (if anything, after reading this, they may opt
out and just buy one).

About the PWM fuel pumps. If anyone's interested I have a
circuit that I've used to control R/C electric motors and
I also used it for a HO model train engine controller.

I'll see if I can find it. The actual PWM creation circuit is
simple, just a comparator and some resistors and a capacitor.
Use this to drive whatever transistor, MOSFET, IGBT is suited
to cranking on the volts to the fuel pump.

BobR.

I guess you could say I've had a cone shaped hat on for a bit...
(had to remove it whence welding on the Wife's Buick, interfered
with the helmet).