Injector Duty Monitor

Orin Eman orin at wolfenet.com
Tue Jan 5 08:59:19 GMT 1999

> What about making a SIMPLE PWM to DC converter for a DMM?  I figure this will
> run about $2.00.  Maybee 3 if you have to go to a retail store.

> Use a 10 volt regulator so the voltage is at a level most people can easily
> divide in their heads.

Forgo the 10V and you could use a 74HC14 - inverts and cleans up the
signal nicely.  Run it a little over 5V supply (it will take up to 7V
according to the Motorola data book) so you get a 0 to 5V output.
Use a resistor in series with the input, a few k should be OK.  Add
a 5V zener if you are paranoid.  A filter cap on the input isn't
a bad idea either.

Use an old 4000 series CMOS chip and you could run it off 10V!

Orin.