Water Injection Thread

Gary Derian gderian at cybergate.net
Tue Jan 5 13:08:03 GMT 1999

Thanks, Greg, for the good discussion.  I never thought about the Mach 1
stuff in the exhaust housing.  At Mach 1, though, flow through a nozzle is
only dependant on density (upstream pressure).  Velocity cannot increase
with pressure drop but flow can still increase as density increases.  In
other words, sucking harder will not produce more flow but pushing harder
will, albeit at a reduced rate (kink in curve) since velocity cannot
increase.

Gary Derian <gderian at cybergate.net>

<big snip>