Injector Duty Monitor

rauscher at icst.com rauscher at icst.com
Tue Jan 5 18:13:55 GMT 1999

On this subject, what is it that we really want to
measure? Duty cycle or the pulse width?

The two designs presented (B. Bowling and C Hack),
are nice. But getting access to a PIC programmer
can be a problem. JDR carries a bunch of PIC's, and
the OTP 16C56 can be had for $4.50US, not bad. A
AT89C2051 w/flash is $7.00US, plus Christian's
design reads out on an LCD screen, nice again.

If there's enough interest, would someone with a
PIC programmer burn up a bunch for a group purchase?

The other thing that can be done, is to use some
analog stuff, integrate the pulse, and read it out
with a DVM. Have it able to measure from say, 0 msec
up to a max of 20 msec?

If that's what we need, I'll do the design.

Anybody?

BobR.