Water Injection Thread /turbo turbin

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Wed Jan 6 04:54:28 GMT 1999

RPM constant - variable transmission ---------------------- Tom

> This is awfully close to what I am talking about with a "pressure recovery
> accumulator"!! You givd me hope that one would work as I expect on a four
> stroke!!!
>
> Regards, Greg

You have to consider if you need spool up help or max efficiency under boost. In
my limited experience with a T04B on a 350 Chevy, the only time spool up was a
problem was full throttle acceleration from a standing start. That could have
been fixed by a loose converter, a transmission brake or just better brakes. The
GN boys have found a cure.

Above 2000 rpm steady state conditions, the boost gauge was hooked straight to
the throttle. No noticable lag at all under any conditions... smooth response
and boost. Throttle response was not as instantenous as the EFI on my NA motor,
henseforth, it would not go sideways if you wacked the throttle comming out of a
corner, just smooth power.  maybe easier to drive???

IMHO the large volume in the accumulator will have a very detrimental effect on
spool up. It may have an effect on max HP (efficiency) but we only run there at
WOT and high rpm like real racers.. down the back straight at Elkart Lake... but
most of the passing is done out of the corners.. except Nascar where all are
equal. I don't think you can have your cake with ice cream.

just another .02    Tom