Injector Duty Monitor

Georg Lerm georg at redxch.wcape.gov.za
Wed Jan 6 06:02:26 GMT 1999

If you chaps want pre-programmed micros I wouls be able to do them
for you. I would have to do some investigation as to how much the
devices would cost and of course the dreaded shipping costs. Most of
the run of the mill device programmers will burn these micros.
Nothing special needed. I use an expro 80 programmer which i bought
back in '92 and that can program them.

All the components are standard. The LCD I used is I had in my junk
box. Most standard type LCD's will work. Should be a 16 character 2
line display capable of working in a 4-bit mode.

if you were use a display other than what I have listed, please
remember to check the pinouts of the display. All the signal names
should be the same. Might be a good idea to get a spec sheet.

I see that this particular display uses backlighting. My display did
not have that future. One would have to make provision for that
'cause there different types available. The LED type seems great, but
sucks a lot of juice. A 9v 6LR6 type battery as known as a PP3 will
last long.

I would suggest buying display without backlighting and a reflective
type.THis type enables you to view the characters without
backlighting. Usesless in bad light tough[almost dark]. I suppose
bacllighting would be an anwer.

There is a pdf at the site Steve mentioned. have a look at that.
http://www.eio.com/cgi-bin/byteserver.pl/m1632.pdf

I would suggest using the L1682. It is reflective. Same working as
the M1632. No backlighting circiut required.
 http://www.eio.com/cgi-bin/byteserver.pl/l1682.pdf

later....
Georg

Georg Lerm