aluminum block 215" V8 for sale!

Jake Sternberg chickens at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Fri Jan 8 02:08:12 GMT 1999

I have an aluminum 215 cubic inch (3525 cubic centimeters) V8
from an oldsmobile/buick/triumph/TRV/land rover/etc.

This is the aluminum V8 everyone has been talking about. It's
so light you can pick up the block with one hand, and both
heads with the other.  The intake manifold is a one-finger
item.

Comes disassembled with pistons, rods, nuts, bolts, oil pump,
pickup screen, oil pan, heads, valve covers, valves, nuts,
bolts, front cover, rear cover, crank, camshaft, etc..
exhaust manifolds, intake manifold, flywheel, generator,
EVERYTHING. (no starter but i think a plain buick V6 will fit)

Includes transmission!  This is a weird item: automatic trans
with SIX positions/notches on the shifter arm (PRND321 ??) plus
a kickdown lever. NO TORQUE CONVERTER OR CLUTCH; it just has a
disc that looks like a clutch disc, but has boltholes instead of
a friction material.  It bolts onto the flywheel (included with
the engine) and drives the transmission directly.  This is all
that i know about the transmission.

This motor would make a great small car swap, as the entire setup
will weigh less than an iron 4 cylinder by far and is much meaner.
This motor is smaller than a chevy V8 by far enough that
mounting it in a volvo or something would be a piece of cake.

My price is $500 for everything, not including shipping.
I'm in austin, texas..

-jake
chickens at mail.utexas.edu