Duty Cycle Monitor Group Buy

Georg Lerm georg at redxch.wcape.gov.za
Fri Jan 8 05:38:03 GMT 1999

Just to set the record straight. There seems a bit of confusion
about. If not , I apologize in advance.

The statement made by Steven Ciciora is not correct. The list seems
to think that the design I have posted uses a PIC. This is not true.
The microcontroller device I have used is an Atmel AT89C2051 micro
It uses the 8051-Architecture, for those are familiar with it.
Take a look at http://www.atmel.com/atmel/acrobat/doc0368.pdf
This give you an idea what the chip is all about.

Later...
Georg

I've believed that there has been a need for a duty cycle monitor for
some time, and have been looking for some time to build one, but with no
luck.  It seems like one or two people out there have plans.  I would be
willing to volunteer to put together a kit (design PCB, order parts,
etc) for such a beast, if someone had some working source code.  I can
program PICs, too.  What _I_ would like to see on a display is on time
(in ms), off time, frequency (and/or RPM), and duty cycle (in %).  All
on an LCD Display.

If anyone has some PIC source code, please let me know.