Injector Duty Monitor

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at idirect.com
Fri Jan 8 05:44:14 GMT 1999

>I disagree, Walt-- duty cycle is time on per event spacing, not time on per
>max time allowed by the program. It is only semantics, but time on per
>event spacing is what any normal meter will read, plus it is the definition
>of duty cycle which will relate directly to fuel used per unit time and
>thus directly to horsepower.
>
>Greg

I guess it all boils down to "For What Purpose" a person wants to know the
duty cycle of the injector.     If it is for the purpose of estimating fuel
per unit time, or horsepower, then a conventional duty meter will work fine.
If it is for the purpose of examining the remaining injector "headroom" of
your particular control system (ie: for injector sizing and tailbiting
issues), then you would need to look at things as previously outlined.
Yes/No?

Walt.