What's this ECM?

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Fri Jan 8 17:04:30 GMT 1999

diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu wrote:

> Peter Fenske wrote:
> >
> > calpak ecm 16042431 stamped lists for 85-86 Fbody code F engine, MD8
> > trans..
>
> I appreciate all the responses! OK, here's some more info. Peter, I
> found that number you gave in Ludis' archives, and thought I might have
> been mistaken, but the bar code sticker on the metal cover has the
> number 16052541 on it :-/ The bar code sticker on the PCB inside has
> "255001205585161"
>
> OK, for the PROM information - I see "HLK" and "2315" on it.

Yup. Your eprom's from a camaro.  1985, 305HO, MFI, 4spd auto w/air.
The ECM will sometimes have several numbers on it.  The one we used in
the dealership was the "service number", and if it wasn't on there we
usually couldn't cross the other numbers.  The 'vette .bins which fit
the camaro ecm in 85.  The 'vettes had 350s.
Shannen

Reason I'm