Aussie GM 3.8 V6 coil packs

paul gem at alphalink.com.au
Sun Jan 10 06:28:19 GMT 1999

Hi There,
             This is my first message to this group so I hope I can help.We
use "double coil" coil packs on some of our family 11 GM engines.I think
Daewoo put them in their cars .I think it was in the 2.0lt espero.They need
a seven segment disc signal into the coil pack. good luck.
PAUL.

----------
> From: Darryn Watson <db at vianet.net.au>
> To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: Re: Aussie GM 3.8 V6 coil packs
> Date: Sunday, January 10, 1999 1:44 PM
>
> On Sat, 14 Nov 1998 12:34:08 +0800, you wrote:
>
> >Hi All
> >just a short question for the Aussie list members out there, I've
started to get my feet wet with the EFI 332 project and was wondering if
any one out there could shed some light on the triple coil packs used in
these engines.

> >What I would like to know is
> >Is it possible to utilise only two of the three coils in this unit??
> >
> >The reason for my question is that I would like to use one on a 4
cylinder engine, I would also then have a spare coil pack for a backup.