Fp regulator mods

Mike Pitts mpitts at ns-alpha.emi.net
Mon Jan 11 14:14:53 GMT 1999

>might be easier to just vent the manifold side of the existing
>one to atmosphere, and add a second, bigger one with
>manifold pressure on one side and atm.

Greg,

I didn't pay this much attention at first, because it seemed
beyond my capabilities.  Mostly because manufacturing a
diaphram with the spring seat, etc would be impossible for
me.  But the more I think about it, the more I like the idea.

Maybe I can find an existing larger diaphram from a larger
regulator, or and EGR valve, or a A/C vent mechanism, or
cruise control, etc.  (Any other ideas?)  I would need one with
a diameter of ~2" to achieve the desired rising rate.

Connecting the new top to the old bottom will be tricky part.

After my post last night about adding a larger diameter pipe
to the outlet side of the reg., it later occured to me that it may
not work either since, once the diaphram lifts to relieve pressure,
the entire underside of the diaphram will be exposed to the fuel
pressure.

Anyone have a cheap milling lathe for sale? 8-)

Thanks,
-Mike
Mike Pitts
Delray Beach, FL