Factory Instrument Panels

Scott Feaver sfeaver at cgocable.net
Wed Jan 13 01:38:59 GMT 1999

Has anyone ever used a GM gage package in anything that they have adapted to
EFI?

The reason I am asking is I need to adapt a tachometer module from a 90
Turbo Sunbird to a 91 Sunbird.  The difference is the 90 is a four cylinder
car, and the 91 is a 3.1V6.  The tach is reading about 50% higher in the V6
(which makes sense because for every 2 pulses it expects to see, it receives
three).

If there is no simple solution, does anyone have a circuit that will delete
every third pulse from the spark module?  I don't know what voltage the
signal is, but it is a 3.1V6 with the distributorless 3-coil module.  Since
there fairly common, i'm hoping someone knows ;)

Thanks,
Scott