O2 bung brazing/welding?

Pedro Haynes edwards at mail.sunbeach.net
Thu Jan 14 07:12:15 GMT 1999

You need to weld the bung on. Never seen a brazing on an exhaust for all
the right reasons, some are: It sets up a cell (two different types of
metal) causing the more reactive metal, in this case steel to rust. We know
of the problems with rust and exhaust. In addition where the bung is to be
brazed is some times known to get red hot, depending on the drazing rod you
use, the damn thing may melt.