TranslatingEPROM images to maps

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Jan 14 16:24:32 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Brooks <cbrooks1 at mail.tqci.net>
To: diy_efi at esl.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at esl.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Thursday, January 14, 1999 11:14 AM
Subject: TranslatingEPROM images to maps

>Well, I have access to a burner at work and a few qualified people to
assist me in burning a chip. I looked at the image for the 1226870 ECM and
I'm curious how I go about translating the image to the fuel, spark and
other maps I need to modify?

Find the math in Programming 101, then get delco edit from the
archives.   Then running Delcoedit with the conversion factor you're
looking for look for repeating patterns.  You should be able to find the
main timing table at least that away.
  If you can disasssemble it, or ask if someone would, and then
read the code that would be the most accurate/best way.
  But lacking that the delco edit, and experimenting can get you
along fairly well.  There was/is another GME at FTP, that I think was
for a 6870, so you might give that a gander for what the tables
might look like.  The tables vary in location from some applications
to the next..
Bruce