555 EFI

thergen at svn.net thergen at svn.net
Sat Jan 16 01:51:39 GMT 1999

Bruce,

Are you thinking of a string of one-shots and using a varying
voltage on
the control pins to vary the output pulse width?  If you're already going
to be using op-amps to scale the output of the sensors, you could probably
add/subtract the outputs of multiple op-amps together through resistors
and run that into the control voltage pin of a smaller number of 555s.

Since there's not 'learning' ability, the circuit might be very
engine/sensor specific.  Trying to apply it to an engine with a slightly
different offset in the TPS or MAP sensors compared to the original
engine/sensor combo it was tuned to might not work very well (without
retuning that is). The same could probably be said for other fi
controllers without feedback.

Use capacitors with good temperature coefficients.  X7R caps would be
preferable to Z5U caps.

Good Luck! (meant in an encouraging way)
Tom