555 EFI

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Jan 16 04:50:45 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: thergen at svn.net <thergen at svn.net>
To: DIY_EFI <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Friday, January 15, 1999 9:22 PM
Subject: Re: 555 EFI

>Bruce,
>
>Are you thinking of a string of one-shots and using a varying
>voltage on
>the control pins to vary the output pulse width?

Exactly

 If you're already going
>to be using op-amps to scale the output of the sensors, you could probably
>add/subtract the outputs of multiple op-amps together through resistors
>and run that into the control voltage pin of a smaller number of 555s.

Well this is for kinda 332 for Dummies.  Just a see you can do it
operation.  Skill level requarded, knowing which end of soldering iron
gets hot.

>Since there's not 'learning' ability, the circuit might be very
>engine/sensor specific.  Trying to apply it to an engine with a slightly
>different offset in the TPS or MAP sensors compared to the original
>engine/sensor combo it was tuned to might not work very well (without
>retuning that is). The same could probably be said for other fi
>controllers without feedback.

In this case, that is just fine, since it's meant to be a grow your own.

>Use capacitors with good temperature coefficients.  X7R caps would be
>preferable to Z5U caps.

Geez I almost made it all day with just one 3x5 card of notes.
Dang, grin
Thanks
Bruce