Air Volume Calculation

Anthony Gordon tgordon at saginaw-city.k12.mi.us
Sun Jan 17 19:34:15 GMT 1999

I have a Triuph mechanical injection system on a 72 TR6.  Using a O2 sensor
helps tune the system, but it would a lot easier to tune if I could
eliminate the 6 separate throttle butterflies in the throttle bodies which
causes great synchronization problems.

The engine is a 2498cc unit, and produces max BHP at 5300 rpm.  Is there a
calculation for the optimal area/size of a single throttle body that I
could use?  I am hoping that I can re-use a throttle body from a junk yard
so suggestions on type as well would also be most helpful.

TIA

Tony Gordon