TCC switch & questions..... New Car Classification/Name

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Sun Jan 17 21:21:42 GMT 1999

In a message dated 1/17/99 3:25:39 PM Eastern Standard Time, nacelp at bright.net
writes:

>  >As an afterthought, how about interrupting the ignition circuit, i.e.,
>  killing the engine for maybe 50msec, whilst the TCC's locking up?
>
>  Piece of cake if your working with a ecm that controls tranny
>  functions, oh, thata be a PCM, gee they do that already, hmmm.
>  Rumor has it thou they reduce timing rather than interupt
>  the actual ignition firing.

I hadn't though of that.  As a rev limiter, the factory SyTys
kill the fuel at 4700 RPM, then turn it back on after it
drops by about 200 rpm...   This makes for sort of a
mechanical bull imitation, and since it is still under
significant boost, it is usually accompanied by detonation
too...   I guess you'd have problems if you cut the ignition
instead...  The exhaust would fill with fuel/air mix...
Not good when the fire returns to the engine...
Mike V