Totaly off Track from EFI

Niki Albury joelsmama at tpgi.com.au
Mon Jan 18 12:13:12 GMT 1999

hi guys

Sorry about getting off track from EFI....but still using the same
devices that some of you guys use.......PIC chips....  Now I know that
they are very nice little chips but how do i make them do what i want
them to do????  If any of you guys have played with UHF/VHF radio then
you would prob know about repeater ID's.  For those who dont ( and are
intersted ) they simply give out an ID every 8 - 10 mins and after each
transmission will give out a little BEEP to indicate the TX is over and
the last little item is a TIME OUT Timmer, after 3 or so mins the radio
will time out and reset the timmer ......simple eh!!

so the info I need is:

* which PIC chip would I need ?

* how do I make it do the timming for the ID & time out

* can i make the PIC put out an audio BEEP????

the ID out put is to be a single shot to control a Voice chip for the ID
& if the PIC can not control the BEEP it also is to be a single shot.

well if any one can help .........please do!!

Justin

again ........sorry about off topic!!!