DFI info

Randy rbraun at mail.enter.net
Mon Jan 18 13:14:53 GMT 1999

1. replaces the stock ecm, not pin for pin, rewiring is needed.
2. does not use VATS
3. does not control EGR
4. knock retard is not progammable, timing is fully programmable.
5. does not use MAF, can be setup for speed density or alfa-n.
6. will not use Diacom, calmap is its own program, allows you to
view or change anything.  No real diagnostics, (codes).
7.ECM alone is about $550 with wires and sensors kit is about
$800
8. rev limit via fuel cutoff is programmable.
9. timing, fuel, idle speed, enrichment (TPS and MAP), cold
enrich (aka choke), NOS control, fan on temp, these are all fully
programmable.
10. NOS control can be used for TH400 kickdown, I did
this on my '77 truck. set by RPM and TPS %
11. TCC is controled only by RPM and MAP has no speed input.

If you need to pass some sort of emmission test on the EGR this
system is not reccomended by me.
Both of my systems are the older spark/fuel management ECM's,
Accel does have a newer ECM that can do SFI. over a grand as I
recall.
Accel does make a piggyback system, I know nothing about that
one.

I hope this helps, any more questions?

Later,

> Can someone tell me about the DFI batchfire setup? I just saw one
> advertised and I'd like to get a little more info.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Charles Brooks

Randy Braun
'77 C-10 pick-up, DFI-Tuned Port, 350, for Sale
'89 K2500 C6P stock
'82 Firebird, DFI, ZZ3
'91 GTA, Stock