HALP Quadrajet dribbling

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Tue Jan 19 13:58:10 GMT 1999

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Peter Fenske wrote:

> Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 00:33:22 -0800
> From: Peter Fenske <pfenske at bcit.bc.ca>
> To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: Re: HALP Quadrajet dribbling
>

> Howday all
>
> Hope you don't mind a excursion into history
>
> Relative has a quadrajet equiped car which must pass smog
> To get the cat to light CO must stay below 1%
> We can get this adjustment but dribbling from the
> primary venturi booster sets in.. randomly.

 take the top off the carb and the idle mixture screws,
jets and the emulsion tube and blow them out. generaly
this happens if the float is to high ( make sure that it
is not gas soaked) or there is a block in the idle circuit

> One minute the CO is 0 % cat on and next
> minute is 5% cat drowned not lit.

does it only happen around idle ( idle or pilot circuit )

it could also be crap in the power valve

> Does anyone remember how to cure venturi dribbling
> I managed to do this once by increasing the idle
> feed restrictions but smog won't allow me to do
> this..
>
> Any ideas please
>
> TIA:peter

let me know how it turns out

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terrence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8