HALP dribbling Thanks everyone

Peter Fenske pfenske at bcit.bc.ca
Tue Jan 19 19:42:14 GMT 1999

Hi Rick, Bruce and all the other helpful people

The carb is fine, brass floats, expoxied plugs, level 11/32 and
tried a fact rblt one just to check. When adjusted both carbs do this.
Ported spark and 0 degrees inital.

Yep Rick you are right. I have to get the CO to less than 1.5%
to meet standard. If I leave it at 3% runs like a champ
no dribbling but is illegial

To get the cat to light you have to have less than 1%

You guys did get me thinking. In order to idle
properly with the lean mixture required a much
higher airflow is required. this tends to activate the
main booster, hence the dribbling.
Also the low vapor pressure used here in winter
is a contributation.

What we are gonna try and the CO meter likes it
is creating a massive air leak. HC goes up
but should be tolerable.

Just hope the smog guys don't see it

Thanks all:peter

And no this is not how the car will be driven later