Mopar PCM help request

xxalexx at ix.netcom.com xxalexx at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jan 20 03:08:36 GMT 1999

> No scanner unfortunately. The wiring diagram covers about 20+ pages in the
> Factory manual for 98 RAM Pickup. What are you looking for?
>
> 7812 is weird baud rate. If I put a 485 transceiver on the bus will it
> correctly translate the signal to TTL? Do you have any good references to
> read for this bus?

I looked at some OBD2 diagnostic data on a Dodge Ram last year.
A astronomer decoded similiar data for a pre-obd mopar over a weekend
and posted in archives.  It is a 2 wire Rx Tx  serial, you can invert
to rs232.  The bytes I have are 8192 baud not from the ISO-K
line and did not seem to be any  SAE spec.  Chrysler is adapting to
CAN bus for non-diagnostic com.  If you can not find in archives I
can repost.  If you get any bytes I can see if they are J2178
decodeable.
alex