DFI, Batch Fire, and other myths

Charles Brooks cbrooks1 at mail.tqci.net
Wed Jan 20 15:43:10 GMT 1999

>>I think what I'm going to do is buy the FIS PROM for the
TPI setup and dump it to study. After I buy a programmable
system I'll have the FIS PROM image to start with and fall
back on in the event I goof something up. Does that sound
like a reasonable line of pursuit, or a cop out?! LoL! <<

>>What's FIS, and what are you working on?, ecm?. <<

Bruce, I'll be swapping an 85 TPI system onto a 406. I
believe that the ECU is a 780 from what some of the members
have posted and mailed me. Fuel Injection Specialties (FIS)
is a company in Florida that does quite a bit of custom
EFI stuff. They've been very helpfull in planning my project
and obtaining advice, part numbers, etc.

Charles Brooks