DFI, Batch Fire, and other myths

Mike Pitts mpitts at netspeak.com
Wed Jan 20 19:08:51 GMT 1999

In my '93 4.3L CPI PCM, there are also two drivers,
each handled with two separate output compare timers.
But, in the case of this calibration, they are fired
identically.

One driver fires the CPI injector and the other is
unused.  I am replacing the CPI injector with 6
saturated type injectors.

I've thought of using one driver to fire 3 injectors
180 degrees out of phase from the other 3 injectors to
lessen the shock on the fuel rail. Would it even matter??
Is this what they call "bank to bank" injection??

Thanks,
-Mike