DFI, Batch Fire, and other myths

Mike Brown mikebr at sr.hp.com
Thu Jan 21 14:12:41 GMT 1999

Tom Sharpe wrote:

> Ken Kelly wrote:
>
> > This only makes sense if the injectors are fired as left
> > bank and right bank. I would think you would gain more
> > benefit by grouping them in firing order rather than by
> > bank.
>
> My ProFlow fires 4 sets of 2 injectors 1-8, 4-3, 6-5, 7-2. foue
> circuits/timers/drivers, one O2 sensor.   Tom

Actually Tom, your ProFlow does fire the injectors in this order but not
in sync with the cylinders.  Wherever the motor happens to start
cranking over it starts spraying.  This is due to a bug in the code that
does not detect the #1 cylinder (the narrow pulse from the distributor).
I have reverse engineered the hardware and firmware on this system and
have corrected this bug.  If anybody out there has an Edelbrock ProFlow
and is interested in working together to improve it let me know as I
have functional schematics and documented source code (the code is full
of bugs I might add).  Been working steadily on this for over 7 months.

Mike