DFI, Batch Fire, and other myths

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Thu Jan 21 16:10:06 GMT 1999

-> Recent research on fuel droplet sizes has shown that injecting fuel
-> onto a closed intake valve, then letting a shot of exhaust hit it
-> when the valve opens (reversion) produces better and smaller droplets
-> than the injector

 Sure.  But most engines simply squirt their fuel directly onto the
floor or wall of the intake port four or five inches away from the
valve.  Take a look at any American V8 or most V6s, for example.

 To get the injector to point at the valve requires a straight port from
the valve to the injector, with the air path curved down below the
injector's line of sight.  Very, very few engines do this.

==dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us======================================
I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?
my heart is human / my blood is boiling / my brain IBM |   who, who?