DFI, Batch Fire, and other myths

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Thu Jan 21 22:43:18 GMT 1999

I just found the bulletin.  It says the carbon deposits may have a
sponge like tendency and absorb fuel, affecting engine until it enters
closed loop. Also, carbon may act as insulator, preventing heat of
intake valve from aiding in fuel evaporation and causing cold weather
driveability problems such as stalling, hesitation, rough idle.  Most
likely, the "sponge effect" made for the hesitation that I felt.
Shannen