HALP dribbling Thanks everyone

EFISYSTEMS at aol.com EFISYSTEMS at aol.com
Fri Jan 22 07:07:33 GMT 1999

In a message dated 1/19/99 11:49:23 AM Pacific Standard Time,
pfenske at bcit.bc.ca writes:

<< Subj:	 RE: HALP dribbling Thanks everyone
 Date:	1/19/99 11:49:23 AM Pacific Standard Time
 From:	pfenske at bcit.bc.ca (Peter Fenske)
 Sender:	owner-diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
 Reply-to:	diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
 To:	diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu

 Hi Rick, Bruce and all the other helpful people

 The carb is fine, brass floats, expoxied plugs, level 11/32 and
 tried a fact rblt one just to check. When adjusted both carbs do this.
 Ported spark and 0 degrees inital.

 Yep Rick you are right. I have to get the CO to less than 1.5%
 to meet standard. If I leave it at 3% runs like a champ
 no dribbling but is illegial

 To get the cat to light you have to have less than 1%

 You guys did get me thinking. In order to idle
 properly with the lean mixture required a much
 higher airflow is required. this tends to activate the
 main booster, hence the dribbling.
 Also the low vapor pressure used here in winter
 is a contributation.

 What we are gonna try and the CO meter likes it
 is creating a massive air leak. HC goes up
 but should be tolerable.

 Just hope the smog guys don't see it

 Thanks all:peter

 And no this is not how the car will be driven later

Hi Peter,
        You haven't mentioned you're camshaft or heads or etc......but I have
had to drill the idle feed areas so as to increase the fuel flow at a lower
vacuum level.....if the idle vacuum is lower than the standard that the carb
was designed for, it is flowing less fuel, I may be way off base here but let
me know,,,,I have done alot of carb development before the EFI stuff.   hth's
-Carl Summers