Is your car Y2K Ready?

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Fri Jan 22 20:45:54 GMT 1999

> that 98% of the cars are OK but some luxury cars (GM)  (like Caddy)  report
> the date to test equipment during diagnostics...   apparently this is kept
> in the "Body Control Module"-  and will need some sort of upgrade when Y2K
> rolls around...

There are a lot of things that won't be y2k compliant, and I
would feel comfortable agreeing that some luxury cars have
dates buried in their code somewhere for logging purposes.

But in reality, if the date is wrong, does the car not
function?  Naaaah.  Just log the wrong date.  Me, I could
live with that !

--
Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606