Is your car Y2K Ready?

Teller.John at orbital.com Teller.John at orbital.com
Fri Jan 22 21:49:53 GMT 1999

No problem unless the car computer outsmarts itself when it detects time
going backwards (99-00) and decides its real time clock is defective.  The
results from this could be either a Check Engine Soon light (with Replace
ECU code stored) to resetting the of RTC time to something it thinks is
reasonable, like 01/01/94 00:00:00 (as does the Award BIOS in my cheap
Taiwanese Pentium when the rollover occurs).

Frederic Breitwieser <frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com> on 01/22/99
03:40:50 PM

Please respond to diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu