DFI, Batch Fire, and other myths

Tedscj at aol.com Tedscj at aol.com
Sat Jan 23 04:05:12 GMT 1999

In a message dated 1/22/99 10:40:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
xxalexx at ix.netcom.com writes:

<< The drag racers like this because carburetors more responsive and
 faster off line and part throttle and fuel injection better at WOT?
 At least that what Billy Mitchell and his injectorator say.
 Also seemed to verify this when converting 12cyl. 12 barrel webers
 to dual CIS, what a crime.  The CIS system was slush, the webbers
 sounded like the engine just exploded.
 In last days of carbs, FI always looked better at WOT but carb.
 was better at part throttle and responded better.
 Anything that helps atomization helps power, on dyno I was working
 with a 1 barrel, so most benefits seemed to be in fuel distribution.
 Best results was drilling holes in throttle shaft as venturi jets.
 As stated below all in the atmoization.
 alex   >>
I just have to throw my .02 in.  I went from dual SUs to FI and it has never
"felt" as fast since. When I would jab at the gas from a stoplight, I used to
get rubber from a standstill very easily, and then a chirp in second (with an
auto. tranny). That never happens anymore.  The responsiveness just doesn't
"feel" the same anymore.
  BUT, my actual 0-60 times actually remained the same and mileage has gone
WAY up.
for what it's worth,
Ted