Fel-Pro EFI?

Mike Pitts mpitts at emi.net
Sun Jan 24 00:01:12 GMT 1999

>Do you have any experience with the Fel-Pro unit?

Not personally.

>What are its strengths and weaknesses?

Pros:
Wideband O2 option
SEFI option
Modern PC software for the laptop
Cylinder by cylinder adjustable timing and fueling option
Probably others

Cons:
Don't know of any except maybe price.

>Is it re-programmable? (Not the A/F maps, but the CPU code)

The code is only reprogrammable by the designers unless you
open it, reverse it, and do it yourself.  (Voiding the warranty I'm sure)

>Flash memory?

Most likely EEPROM for tables and EPROM for code.

I'd love to have a Felpro to play with, but the cost is somewhat
prohibitive for me at this time.

-Mike