PROMs and Copyrights...

ron.boley ron.boley at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jan 25 01:55:38 GMT 1999

Mike wrote:
The bigger question on copying and modifying the OEM code is who out
here does emissions testing on the final results?  The OEM's spend huge
$$$ on testing and I suspect are on the hook for any changes that effect
emissions.  Do any aftermarket tuners who make PROM changes recertify
the cars or even test for emissions?

The thought of the trying to stand your ground with state and local
Environmental Groups/Associations, the EPA would make anyone pale.

Ron