DFI, Batch Fire, and other myths

James Ballenger ballengerj at sprynet.com
Mon Jan 25 17:18:14 GMT 1999

Shannen Durphey wrote:

> I've got a 455 Buick in my 79 monte.  When EFI conversion time comes,
> it includes an Edelbrock 4 bbl intake and 8 injectors.  It's been a
> long time plan, and the car is now dissappearing in NE road salt.  But
> when the time comes, that's what it gets.

    You mean the edelbrock efi system?  Or a regular wet edelbrock with 8 injectors
retrofitted? So far I think they only make the efi setup for 350 chevys, manifold
wont fit.

> Was just thinking yesterday that the switch pitch converter should be
> connected to tcc control , and detent solenoid should remain manual
> control.  BTW, 350 Buick HEI works, but must use drive gear from 455
> points dizzy.

    The previous owner put a switch pitch converter in my car, Firebird w/455
Pontiac.  Seems amazingly stupid to me, why the hell do I need to rev a Poncho
motor?

James Ballenger