Non list-chasing ghosts.

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Mon Jan 25 20:58:02 GMT 1999

>If there's anyone here who's run Racer Brown camshafts, esp. SB Chevy,
>how did you like it/them?  Also, if anyone has an old spec card around
>from an RB cam, please email the specs to me.
>Thanks,
>Shannen

Jim (@ Racer Brown), still in business, is one pretty sharp dude. He used
to grind the cams for Mark Donahue's Trans-Am AMC racer. He is the one who
came up with the roller followers for that motor which acted like flat
tappets for the usual tech inspection that was used by SCCA at that time
for checking that aspect of the engine.

(The Javelin in question was the same one that had a solid rear axle with
about 1-1/2 degrees of negative camber on each rear wheel. This was done by
means of (I think) a curved spline on the outer end of a full floating axle
shaft. Pretty cute stuff. No wonder the class got sorta expensive to

Regards, Greg