Timing and diff ratio's

Stuart Bunning stuart at kenelec.com.au
Tue Jan 26 10:43:43 GMT 1999

Hi All

In the past I have swapped  the diff ratio on my old non-efi based car to a
lower ratio so I would get better lower ET's over the 1/4 mile and quick
acceleration off the lights.

BUT

If I was to do this with delco 808 based EFI car say go from standard 3.08:1
to 3.7:1 diff ratio would I need to alter the MEMCAL TIMING and FUEL maps at
all. To fully benifit from the diff change ??

I assume that as the motor would be under less load and rev quicker I could
benifit from changing the timing but what about fuel I assume as the motor
hasn't all of a sudden changes its VE there should not need to be any fuel
changes in the memcal...

Best Regards,

STUART BUNNING
SALES ENGINEER