DFI, Batch Fire, and other myths

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Tue Jan 26 11:24:26 GMT 1999

James Ballenger wrote:

> Shannen Durphey wrote:
>
> > traditional carb'ed manifold, DIY converted.
>
> What angle in the manifold do you go with relative to 0 degrees?
As close to optimum as possible.  Really, I'm going to have to sit
down with the manifold and an empty set of cylinder heads and start
taking measurements.  I'll also  get some different PFI intakes/heads
to see what factory stuff is like.

>closed loop, if so 2 o2 sensors? what kind of injectors and what kind of computer?

Since this is a long term plan, it's subject to change.  Right now I'm
thinking about the 730 ecm and factory related stuff.  'course it
depends on the final power level of the engine.   I need to do more
efi swaps that require chip changes.  One "practice" run will involve
a 67 Chevelle, 7747 ecm, and Holley TBI.  Another will be
turbocharging a 93 cavalier/2.2l.  And in between, anyone I can talk
into converting to EFI.  I'm pretty sure that a couple of years will
expire before that car is converted.
Shannen