Cubic Dollars

Raymond C Drouillard cosmic.ray at juno.com
Wed Jan 27 05:28:49 GMT 1999

Greg,

That is very interesting.  Where can I get documentation on that fact?  I
am always interested in what the constitution REALLY says, rather than
some of the more <ahem> interesting interpretations that I have seen.

The next time I am called to jury duty, I would like to have in my hands
documentation that I have the right to judge the law as well as the
defendant.  That would keep me from being forced to convict someone of a
crime that shouldn't exist.

Of course, the real effect of such paperwork would probablly be to get me
excused from the jury.  I would need to find a way to keep that from
happening.

Ray Drouillard

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999 13:39:39 -0700 bearbvd at sni.net (Greg Hermann) writes:
> [...]
>the Magna Carta was signed until the Rockefellers, Carnegies, Mellons,
>Morgans, Harrimans, etc. told the gummint that it should henceforth be
>called "JURY LAWLESSNESS!!" The framers considered the jury of peers
>to be
>the ultimate check and balance in their newly designed system of
>government. Really, the law on this subject has NOT changed, they just
>try
>to tell us that it has!!! Jurors have the right to judge the law as
>well as
>the facts in any case before them! Think about it!!
>
>Regards, Greg
>>

>>---Robert Harris <bob at bobthecomputerguy.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> The question of your rights to hack GM or other ECU's vs the
>>Manufacturers
>>> boil down to two words -  Cubic Dollars.   If or when it is
>>perceived by GM et
>>> al to be in GM's interest to end the practice, it will end.   GM
>has
>>> historically crushed competition without regard to anything other
>>than it was
>>> good for GM.  Count on it.
>>>
>>> Start with sheer absolute weight of lawyers - how many thousand can
>>you afford
>>> to defend with?   Then if you do start to get an edge - how many
>cubic
>>> lobbyist can you afford?  GM can and has had the law routinely
>>changed to suit
>>> GM.
>>>
>>> When it was in Bill Gates interest to crush OS-2, cheap counterfeit
>>windows
>>> flooded the market.  Now that it is not - the software police are
>>out in force
>>> and MS openly states that it intends to have the 100,000 $
>>prescribed by law
>>> fines levied on individuals to end the practice.  Bill Gates can
>and
>>is taking
>>> everything including the house of anyone they catch.
>>>
>>> Before you start to whine and snivel about rights - think campaign
>>> contributions.  How many bucks to how many Klintonian officials
>>campaigns can
>>> you fatten vs GM.   Not fair?  - who said GM or life or God was
>fair?
>>>
>>> And do not forget that the tax paid gnomes and drones of the evil
>>empire
>>> AmeriKa will gladly crush you with the full weight and force of law
>>if it
>>> pleases their masters.   Think not - remember Janet Reno's barbecue
>>where 84
>>> people found out what happens when thief religion was not BATF
>>approved.
>>>
>>> Am I cynical - absolutely.  Do I disapprove - absolutely NOT.   Do
>>it, enjoy
>>> the holiday - but don't be surprised when Cubic Dollars descend to
>>end the
>>> practice.
>>>
>>> 1963 Ford C-600 Prison Bus Conversion "Home"
>>> 1971 Lincoln Continental 460 "Christine"
>>> 1972 "Whale" Mustang awaiting transplant