Re cubic bucks.

talltom at effectnet.com talltom at effectnet.com
Wed Jan 27 12:04:47 GMT 1999

In Oregon it's Article 1, section 8 of the state constitution. It sez "the jury shall
judge the law
and the fact". The hand you a note when you go into the jury pool, that while
technically
not a lie, it's the most artful job of truth stretching I've ever seen. It just so
happens that
the secretary of state was in the jury pool that I was, and I proved to him and a high
school history teacher that the jury IS the law, with a book that the secretary had
published.
What the judge asks is are you willing to follow the law, which I was, but I did not
tell him
that I knew more about than he was about to admit. You damn right I'll follow the law,
but he wouldn't like WHICH law.