FW: Electronic timing advance

rauscher at icst.com rauscher at icst.com
Wed Jan 27 13:52:19 GMT 1999

Ah yes, this is the 64thousand dollar question, what is the KS output when
a knock occurs. Just how high (amplitude), is the signal?

Anybody out there ever look at the knock signal with a scope, and can
help us with the amplitude and possibly the period?

My scope needs 120VAC and a second person to drive whilst running it. Hmm,
I might just know someone who can help... This won't be easy, but I might give
it a go.

BobR.

BobR wrote:

>>My results seem to be a little different then what you have found, but I'm
>>not done yet. My first step was to hook the knock sensor output up to the
>>scope and rap on it with a metal rod. It looks just like you would expect
>>from a microphone, with a max output of ~3v (with a 'good' strike).

<snip>