1.8 TBI and the 7747

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Jan 27 18:32:22 GMT 1999

The 747 uses two injector drivers, and they fire alternately on every
ignition pulse.  The applications for 4 cyl TBI I recall are all single
head TBI's, so what do you do with the other injector line?.  Just
leave things dangleing isn't how I see to get it right.  I haven't seen
an oem application for a 4 cyl 747, and have no idea about what
table/sswitches/settings would be needed to change to run it that
way.
  The early S-10s used a 1227165 as a 4 cyl TBI, and with it's
single final drive, and it use being correct for what he was doing
looked like it would be a more likely doable arrangement..
  If you look at 808 they used it as a 4 cyl TPI, but with that there is
enough info., that that might be workable, as a TBI.
  There are all kinds of options but inho some seem more likely to
succeed.
  Personnally I'd probably wind up trying them all, but, I would start with
the easiest.
Cheers
Bruce

 To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu