VSS

rauscher at icst.com rauscher at icst.com
Wed Jan 27 20:04:17 GMT 1999

Max wrote (regarding a VSS):

>What do you do if you dont have one?  Can you put one in a turbo 400?

There are many ways to put one in.

Myself, I used the same unit that is used with the '747 ECM. This unit is
'driven' from the rear of the speedo. It has a IR LED and phototransister
that reflects off a rotating disk at the back of the speedo housing.

I made a unit that goes inline of the speedo cable, that has a disk attached,
that is black/white striped. The opto unit then just mounts to this.

Jags That Run sell 2 and 4 pulse units that go inline. There are units that
plug into the tranny that provide the pulses, but you lose the cable to
drive your speedo.

Magnets on the driveshaft with a pickup, taxi meters, aftermarket cruise
controls, it's almost endless.

Again, check the archives, toooonnnnns of info...

BobR.