Honda ident. request

Mike Pitts mpitts at netspeak.com
Wed Jan 27 22:26:45 GMT 1999

Thanks for the reply Steve.  I already know the number
of the O2 sensor, what I need is a way to identify the
*ECM* used in the same vehicle.  I want to go junkyarding
and scrounging for one (ECM not the O2...although...if
the O2 is there I will certainly snag it!)

So let me rephrase:

If I'm in a junkyard looking at a bunch of crushed Hondas,
whats the easiest way to tell if one of them is the lean
burn model?  Is the O2 sensor easily locatable and readable?
Where is the ECM located in the car if I do find such a car?
Is the 'VX' part of the outer badging on the car?  Are they
more plentiful in particular geographic areas (ie: California
or other problematic air quality centers)?  Should I just
look under the hood of all the Hondas to see if they have a
5-wire O2?

Thanks,
-Mike