Project 101 note

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Thu Jan 28 01:20:33 GMT 1999

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, Bruce Plecan wrote:

> When doing the 101 stuff early one, things were simple, but in the
> last few days, I think I better refine some items.
>    All the "stuff" you'll want to change/edit for doing a new calibration,
> for a 165 or 730 will be between 0000 and 1000.  While that is a
> lot af area, it does narrow it down on the 128K, and 256K chips.
>   Now on the 730's with the 256K proms, you might find what
> look like 2 timing tables, and two spark tables.  That is correct.
> one being idle, and one being road.  The road will apprear as all
> the tables there are in 101, for timing, and spark.   The idle tables
> generally look rather dumb in nature, ie not many changes, like a
> whole corner of it might be 20d (an area 5x6)..   Also the rpm steps
> might be 200 rpm so everything is very compressed.

On my computer for a 93 Z28 with a 256Kbit, or 32KByte prom all of the
calibrations are 0x0000-0x1000 (mapped to 0x8000-0x9000).
0x9000-0xA000 is completely 0x00.   The code starts
at 0xA000 and runs pretty much to the end of the prom.

I am still trying to work out where alot of the tables are, and
exactly what everything controls.

			Roger